Boat Repair Workshops
Looking for a practical way to increase your epoxy skills and knowledge? Book our one-day seminars.
Wessex Resins and Adhesives hosts special events for those wanting to gain expert knowledge and hands-on experience in using WEST SYSTEM® epoxy to construct, repair and maintain their own boats, or work on other projects.
You’ll get expert tuition from our technical team who’ll take you through the unique experience of mixing as much epoxy as you like, as well as experimenting with the entire range of WEST SYSTEM fillers for bonding, gap filling, filleting, and fairing.
During the day, you’ll build a wooden toolbox, practice new skills, and then use epoxy and fibreglass fabrics to complete a sheathing exercise. Plus, you’ll be taken through top tips for common repairs.
The workshops feature a mixture of demonstrations, education, and practical exercises, including:
- The different uses of epoxy for building, repair, and maintenance, including which products to use for different jobs
- How to effectively mix and apply epoxy
- How to complete basic repairs to a hull and deck
- How to use fillers for bonding, gap filling, filleting, and fairing
- How to use WEST SYSTEM epoxy and fibreglass fabrics to complete a sheathing exercise
- How to use epoxy safely, including key health and safety considerations
Plus, there’s an open forum at the end of the day to give you the opportunity to discuss your epoxy projects and specific questions with our team.
Boat Repair Workshop Logistics
- The one-day courses costs £185. This includes a light buffet lunch, over £80 of WEST SYSTEM epoxy, and the wooden toolbox you’ll make on the day.
- The workshops are held in Romsey, Hampshire, UK. We do occasionally offer workshops through our stockists. To hear about upcoming workshops, keep a look out on our social media channels and newsletter
Note: The Fibreglass Boat Repair Workshop is not designed for the customer building one-off wooden boats. However, wood in composite structures and wood as a structural fibre are addressed.